- Sector and Positioning:
Tribal Educate Awareness Management Society (TEAMS) is an NGO based in the Adilabad district situated in the state of Andhra Pradesh working in the development space. It works on a modest agenda of supporting the poorest of poor to improve their way of living by making them aware about their rights. TEAMS have conducted several awareness campaigns focusing on various social issues, education, human rights and HIV/AIDS. All programmes are focused on women, children and environment.
Awareness programmes and campaigns are conducted in collaboration with other local NGOs. TEAMS programmes have directly helped over 1,500 people as on 31st March, 2013. TEAMS is small sized NGO but is committed to increase its reach to every citizen of Adilabad district.
- Financial Parameters:
- Total Income: During the financial year FY13, TEAMS earned a total income of Rs0.8mn; up by 30% from the previous year’s income. The entire total income is received from local individual donors. There were no funds raised either from government/corporate/other funding agencies.
- Programme Expenses: 90% of total expenses was spent towards direct programme expenses in FY13; indicating appropriate channelizing of funds.
- Overhead Expenses: Overhead expenses has declined to 3% of the total expenses in FY13 as against 7% in FY12; indicating organizations efficiency in managing costs.
- General Funds: General funds have been growing at a marginal rate of 1-2% for the period FY11-FY13; this is due to a very small surplus generated annually by the NGO.
- Assets & Investments: The organization has made no investments in fixed assets nor have invested in any liquid investments during the year FY13. This is because surplus generated is very small.
- Sustainability Parameters:
- Income Growth Rate: TEAMS total income have remained flat with a 3-Year CAGR of only 2% for the period FY11-FY13.
- Self-Sufficiency Ratio: Self-sufficiency ratio which measures the ability of an NGO to meet its own expenses by own funds was at 100% in FY13 same as in FY12. Even though it is 100%; the NGO faces financial crunch to undertake new initiatives. The organization is largely dependent on individual donations which remains a matter of concern.
- Donors: TEAMS have been receiving donations from local donors. Concentrated efforts are made to explore other avenues of fund raising.
- Major Challenges:
- Human Resources: Retaining quality resources and meeting their compensation expectation have remained a challenge for the NGO. Not many volunteers are willing to participate in the campaigns organized as these are conducted in remote locations; thus restricting the NGO’s potential to widen its reach.
- Insufficient funds: Due to lack of sufficient funds, the organization is unable to carry out marketing activities. This limits the organization’s ability to attract potential donors.
- Governance & Reporting Standards:
The Board collectively brings rich experience in the field of social service. The Board meets every month to review the activities and to set the agenda for the succeeding months. The activity reports are comprehensive and summarizes activities conducted throughout the year.
For further details, please contact info@HelpYourNGO.com
Proprietary to HelpYourNGO
Disclaimer: Users should note that HelpYourNGO does not verify or endorse any of these projects and is not liable for any inaccuracies in the data presented. The data on the web site is merely for your information and any action taken based on the information on this website is at your own risk.