Financial Note : 1) FY13 income includes a government grant (Rs600,000) for construction of a school building.
2) Sales/Fees charges includes contribution from students and participant fees for awareness camp.
3) In FY13, other income is TDS refund and investment refund.
4) In FY13, Rs705,331 spent on construction of building is shown under program expenses.
5) In FY14, about half of the Program Expenses were spent on awareness and health camps. Excluding building construction costs in FY13, the spending on camps was 37% of Program Expenses.
6) In FY14, fixed assets have increased due to purchase of two ambulances (Rs1.5mn) and extension to building. The NGO has also taken into account an increase in the value of land (by Rs2mn) based on valuation provided by the state government. This upward revaluation has been adjusted in general reserves which also includes revaluations done in past years and for which no breakdown is available.
NGO Profile :
Amara Sabai Kailaspur Nandakumarpur Joutha Sanstha focuses on development in the areas of education, health, women empowerment and other such social issues. They have been working towards community based sustainable development in rural areas of southern Sundarbans, West Bengal.
The organization has been conferred with awards such as National Youth Award by Government of India, Best Youth Club Award of District and Best Youth Club Award of West Bengal State.
The programmes undertaken in FY13-14 include:
Educational Programme: The organization runs an educational centre – Shiv Shankar Sishu Niketan which provides pre-primary education and primary education upto standard V. The initiative is supported by the West Bengal Board of Primary Education.
Vocational Training: To strengthen the rural economy, the NGO provides vocational training in agriculture. Farmers are being taught Integrated Farming, Organic Farming, Integrated Pest Management, Application of Bio-fertilizers & Bio-diversity. Amara Sabai also helps in capacity building for professionals, organizing entrepreneurship development programmes for local youth, members of farmers clubs & members of women’s Self Help Groups (SHG).
Disaster Management: The NGO also conducted workshops on disaster management in areas prone to natural calamities.
Health Check-up camp: The NGO conducted health check-up camps which covered nutrition, immunization & other endemic health problems.
Other Activities include conducting awareness programmes such as a mass rally for social harmony, advocacy campaign for child rights, women’s rights & empowerment, women’s literacy, pollution control & a training camp on solid waste management.
Read other NGO Snapshots
All the essential information on an NGO
Pune Neurosciences Trust and Research Society's Samavedana