Abhinav Samaj was founded to care for elderly individuals who have been disowned by their families, and provide them with an atmosphere of acceptance in an old-age home. It is built on the philosophy that "a society cannot develop when there is no respect for parents and elderly citizens."
They run a recreation centre for the elderly in New Delhi, and also offer legal aid programme for senior citizens who require their help.
Abhinav Samaj’s other objectives are:
- To establish schools, colleges, research institutes and training centres for the furtherance of education/learning.
- To conduct self-defence training programmes for the welfare of girls and women.
- To establish job-oriented training-centres.
- To establish centres for employment generation.
- To work for legal, institutional, constitutional and human-rights protection centres.
- To work for organic-farming and environment protection.
Main programmes are:
Old Age Home: For the last six years, Abhinav Samaj is running an Old Age Home in Delhi that provides food, clothing, shelter, medical aid & other facilities free of cost to destitute elders. The organization’s vision is to build a bigger Old Age Home that can accommodate nearly 700 to 800 destitute, from the current capacity of 40.
Education programme: It includes training 400 students for its tailoring programme; providing free computer training to 200 students; providing free coaching to students appearing for higher education; and providing non-formal education to around 500 children who did not had the opportunity to attend school.
Dental & Health Check-up camps: It organized free dental check-up camps at Devi Charitable Dental Hospital at Uttam Nagar that benefitted around 2,500 persons. Free Health check-up camps were also organized where medicine distribution, counselling, referrals & check-ups were done by an expert team from Artimus Hospital.