|Goal 3: Good Health and Well Being|
|Rs, Y/E March 31|
|Income & Expenditure Statement||2017||2018||2019|
|Total Income (A)||2,892,276||3,287,862||7,766,730|
|Direct Programme Activities||2,473,495||2,581,306||7,146,565|
|Programme Staff Cost||245,000||345,000||414,000|
|Direct Programme Expenses||2,741,150||2,971,536||7,605,795|
|Fund Raising Expenses||0||0||0|
|General Staff Cost||0||0||0|
|Total Expenditure (B)||2,860,867||3,217,491||7,777,950|
|Surplus / (Deficit) (A-B)||31,409||70,371||-11,220|
|Current Assets (excl. Cash)||164,600||164,600||256,800|
|Corpus / Share Capital||0||0||0|
|Direct Beneficiaries (Nos)||N.A.||11,236||N.A.|
|Indirect Beneficiaries (Nos)||N.A.||168,381||N.A.|
|Cost Per Direct Beneficiary (Rs)||N.A.||286||N.A.|
|Number of Staff||N.A.||464||N.A.|
|Highest Salary (Rs p.a.)||N.A.||25,660,800||N.A.|
|Lowest Salary (Rs p.a.)||N.A.||720,000||N.A.||
||The Societies Registration Act, 1860
||Neelakantheswar & Co.
||State Bank of India
|Donor tax benefits
|Eligible for foreign donations
|Mr. Dinabandhu Maharana, Secretary
Mr. Pankaj Satapathy
Source : Audit Report 2019
|NGO Profile :
Kandhamal Zilla Sabuja Vaidya Sangathan (KZSVS) works for socio economic development of the underprivileged and vulnerable communities by focusing on areas such as conservation of biodiversity and natural resources, disaster management, livelihood and women empowerment and self-governance.|
- School to School: In partnership with Goonj that builds a relationship of empathy and dignity between urban and rural students, on two opposite sides of a big divide of resources and opportunities.
- Millet Mission: Odisha's millet mission was launched in 2017 with a hope to revive millet farming and promote the same. The aim is to tackle malnutrition by introducing millet consumption in the Public Distribution System (PDS) and other state schemes. Four main objectives of this mission are production, consumption, processing and marketing.
- Footwear Donation: KZSVS started this initiative after noticing that there is a shortage of footwear in the remote areas of Odisha, which was also a chief reason for students to leave school because in summers the temperature shot up to 45 degrees. This eventually led to soil transmitted diseases. The organization now distributes annually to students of several schools.
- Vitamin Angel: This program helps at-risk population especially women who are pregnant, new mothers, children under the age of five. The main objective is to gain regular access to healthcare and nutrition for those without it. This also helps with reducing the mortality rate amongst children with malnutrition or any other at-risk illnesses.
- Mobile Health Unit (MHU) (under National Rural Health Mission): KZSVS in collaboration with NRHM provides services through its MHU for implementing health services in the area of operation. These services include remedial services like routine health checkups, diagnostic services, and family planning services.
- Other Awareness Programs: KZSVS regularly organizes yoga and naturopathy camps for public health. Awareness about water, sanitation, natural resources, and environment is created through the medium of street plays, cultural programmes, orientation programmes in schools.
- Women Empowerment & Livelihood Promotion: KZSVS organizes women into small viable Self Help Groups (SHGs) such as Income Generation Programmes (IGPs) and motivates them to be independent. Training on group management, record keeping, accounts system etc. is provided to SHGs. Vocational training such as leaf stitching, tailoring etc. and training for providing agronomic practices and marketing is also provided.
- Self-governance: KZSVS has aimed at strengthening self-governance since its inception. The create awareness to ensure a free and fair panchayat selection process, increased polling percentage and selection of good candidates in elections.