Sanjivani Medical Training Centre (SMTC) largely focuses on sectors like Health, Education, Women & Child Welfare and Medical Training.
Main activities in FY14:
1) Balsadan Schemes: With the financial assistance from Government of Maharashtra and Ministry of Women & Child Development Department, SMTC started the Balsadan scheme in Ahmednagar. Under this scheme 40 children in the age group 6 to 18 years were provided lodging, food, clothing, healthcare, education, & professional training.
2) Balsangopan Schemes: This scheme is run for poor & needy children. The NGO selects 100 children from in the age group of 6 to 18 years, who are provided with free school stationary, medicines, & clothing.
3) Mahavir Jain Goshala Project: The NGO has purchased one acre of land in Ahmednagar for starting a Goshala for 25 cows, where they will be provided with fodder, shelter, water, & medical aid.
4) Training programme: During the year, the NGO conducted various training programmes for 25 unemployed youth on Computers, Tailoring, Home Science, and Entrepreneurship.
5) Other programmes include Health Camps, Distributing pamphlets and brochures related to Right to Information Act, Distribution of school stationary to 164 poor children, Reproductive child health programme that benefitted 2,133 persons.