|Rs, Y/E March 31|
|Income & Expenditure Statement||2017||2018||2019|
|Total Income (A)||43,711,605||54,544,087||32,818,264|
|Direct Programme Activities||9,502,797||14,784,462||5,759,874|
|Programme Staff Cost||23,409,956||28,507,508||22,644,495|
|Direct Programme Expenses||34,253,529||45,279,499||29,691,749|
|Fund Raising Expenses||231,973||137,968||152,985|
|General Staff Cost||384,205||326,231||407,499|
|Total Expenditure (B)||40,971,030||52,982,579||36,202,867|
|Surplus / (Deficit) (A-B)||2,740,575||1,561,508||-3,384,603|
|Current Assets (excl. Cash)||13,246,627||12,138,594||17,339,497|
|Corpus / Share Capital||444,000||444,000||444,000|
|Direct Beneficiaries (Nos)||360||500||N.A.|
|Indirect Beneficiaries (Nos)||N.A.||N.A.||N.A.|
|Cost Per Direct Beneficiary (Rs) - Avg. ||113,808||105,965||N.A.|
|Number of Staff||10||11||N.A.|
|Highest Salary (Rs p.a.)||N.A.||N.A.||N.A.|
|Lowest Salary (Rs p.a.)||N.A.||N.A.||N.A.||
||The Companies Act, 2013
||Harish Nathani Associates
|Donor tax benefits
|Eligible for foreign donations
|Mr. Sunit Mehra
Ms. Shital Mehra
Source : Audit Report 2019
Financial Note : 1) Other Income mainly includes reimbursement of expenses, exchange rate difference, interest on Income tax refund and sundry balance written back. In FY18, Other income includes Profit on sale of mutual funds of Rs24.72 lakhs.
2) The organization does not charge depreciation on its Fixed Assets.
3) Other expenses mainly includes Sundry Balances written off, Interest on TDS, etc.
|NGO Profile :
Set up in 2007, Katalyst is a not-for-profit programme under the aegis of Human Capital for Third Sector known by the brand Third Sector Partners (TSP). TSP is Indias first executive search firm for the social sector.|
Katalyst was started with the intent of empowering women from low income communities through the pursuit of professional education and enhancing their employability. The program envisions creating a large pool of such empowered women or Katalysts, who will be in a position to influence society and catalyze positive change. Katalyst has its centers in Mumbai, Pune, Delhi and Bangalore.
Katalyst selects girl students, who are pursuing a professional degree like Engineering, Architecture, Medicine, C.A., with a good academic track record and family income of less than Rs.2 lakhs per year. It offers the beneficairies
1. 600 hours of blended learning and skill development over the four year degree
2. One-to-one mentorship- approximately 20 hours a year
3. Financial support based on academic performance, training attendance, mentor interactions, etc.
4. Assistance with internships
5. Industry exposure and corporate interactions
6. Laptops at subsidized rates, Access to best in class technology
7. Health insurance to the girl and her mother / female guardian
8. Peer group support and interaction with professionals in leadership roles through the Katalyst Convention
Katalyst has so far impacted the lives of over 900 girl students with its mentoring and internship intervention. Around 440 alumni are placed in public or private sector or are pursuing post graduation, in India or abroad. Katalyst alumni occupy positions of seniority in various Indian companies as well as MNCs with an average starting salary of 6 lakhs p.a. minimum.