ThinkSharp Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated for helping rural children in receiving quality and all-round education by improving their reading, writing and learning skills through quality education infrastructure under its StudyMall project in villages. The vision is to provide better educational facilities in rural areas. They aim to achieve this by improving access to library facilities and giving rural children exposure to digital and multi-media learning.
The NGO’s ‘StudyMall–Read, Learn, Play’ Project is more than just a library, and offers better educational infrastructure in rural areas. It provides better sitting place for study during and after school hours, books, educational games, toys, computer learning, and digital and multi-media learning. They conduct workshops and organize drawing, singing, essay competitions for rural children.
The organization currently has three StudyMalls – one each in Jalna, Jalgaon and Thane districts of Maharashtra. They have library kits with books, educational games, and sport materials, and space to sit and study. The Thane StudyMall is a Digital one with e-tablets, interactive boards and a projector.
The overall impact of the StudyMall Project in the past 3 years is:
- More than 1,500 children are benefitting from the StudyMalls.
- Increase in awareness regarding the need for education and its importance by 25-30%.
- Increase in the study time of children by 300-350%.
- Increase in students’ marks scored by 5-10%.
- Computer learning and related technical knowledge.
- Digital learning experience through projector, interactive board and educational tabs.
- Increase in school attendance.
- More concentration levels among students due to digital learning.
- Smart education systems with multi-media content help teachers in teaching in a demonstrative way.