Classic Foundation is largely involved in rural development in the areas of Health, Environment & Women empowerment.
Main Activities in FY14:
1) Eye Check-up programme: Free Eye check-ups were held in 20 villages in Mehsana district with the help of Jyoti Eye Hospital, around 2,847 patients were examined &,,, 501 patients were operated for cataract. Classic also provided free medicine and lunch to these patients.
2) Dental Check-up camp: Free Dental check-up camps were held in 4 villages in Mehsana district, in collaboration with Narsinhbhai Patel Dental College. 799 patients were examined &,,, treated by the team of doctors.
3) Awareness campaign: A rally was organized with the help of the Visnagar Health Officer for creating awareness about the ill-effects of Tuberculosis (TB) and its prevention. More than 200 people along with the staff of the Health Department participated in this rally. On International Womens Day, another awareness campaign was organized to highlight issues such as women empowerment, higher education &,,, becoming independent. About 500 women participated.
4) Plantation &,,, Sapling Distribution programme: With the support of the Gujarat government, the NGO distributed 1,000 varieties of saplings free of cost. On World Forest Day, the NGO made people aware about the importance of trees.
5) Street Plays: The Prohibition &,,, Customs Department of Mehsana and Classic Foundation organized street plays to create awareness among villagers about the pitfalls of alcohol, drug &,,, tobacco addiction. At the end of the play, the viewers were asked to take a pledge not to get addicted to these bad habits.