|Rs, Y/E March 31|
|Income & Expenditure Statement||2011||2012||2013|
|Admin Expenses / Depreciation||1,624,118||2,028,699||3,299,098|
|Surplus / (Deficit) (A-B)||2,095,313||1,428,883||165,997|
| Balance Sheet||2011||2012||2013|
|Corpus / Share Capital||16,732,642||17,188,548||17,996,760|
|Days' Cash Ratio||69.0||89.0||51.0|
|Repayment Capacity Ratio (x)||1.3||1.4||1.4|
|Income Growth Rate||10.7%||-1.8%||10.8%|
|Dependence On Largest Donor||0.0%||0.0%||0.0%||
|NGO Profile :
Care India Medical Society (CIMS) is a unique public charity to bring about public awareness on cancer, early detection of cancer and providing palliative care for cancer patients. The Society also provides a social support system to the community in preventive, early detection and terminal care aspects of cancer control management.|
The organisation has been providing services for almost 2 decades to bring focus on prevention of the preventable forms of cancer and spreading awareness that cancer is curable if detected early in most cases by running 2 clinics (health maintenance program for women)in the slum areas of Pune.
Palliative care - home care program (outreach) as well as a 15 bedded inpatient facility for providing palliative care to poor and needy cancer patients
The organisation working in the field of cancer management. All services provided to cancer patients are free of cost. CIMS runs the following programmes:
- Satseva (Patient Outreach Programme): Care India Medical Society started SATSEVA in December 1994 to outreach the needy, advanced stage cancer patients in Pune City. It was a pioneering effort in palliative care in providing “home care” in India. The services include pain management, symptom control, providing supportive care equipment and the much-needed emotional and psychological support to the patients as well as their family members.
- Vishranti (Respite and Critical Care Center): A unique model on patient outreach program specific to the Indian way of life/ sentiments for cancer palliative care has been well received and has been described as a great support to them in the hour of need and grief through patient feedbacks over the last decade and a half.
- Matruseva (Health Maintenance Programme for Women): Matruseva provides a “Health maintenance Programme” for all women from the lower socio-economic sections of the society, who have acquired motherhood/sexually active.
- Free consultation on gynaecological problems & ante-natal advice are rendered.
- Highly subsidized treatment for common health disorders at a cost of Rs.10/- for doctor’s consultation and for medicines.
- Free screening for cancers specific to women is carried out as a minimal screening requirement to reduce the incidence of cervical cancer.