We start New Year resolutions with a simple motive – to become a better version of ourselves. The best way to succeed in life is by uplifting those around us.
Here are some ways by which you can make your New Year resolution memorable to you – and the world around you! 🙂
- Stay inspired by doing a good deed.
- It can be as simple as helping someone cross the street or offering them water. To paraphrase Shakespeare, the quality of mercy will bless them and you too!
Image credit: @notyourdhanno
- Love food? Share it.
- #Foodie? Share your love for food with others. Did you know you can provide a hot, nutritious meal to a school going child for less than Rs100 a month? We're not kidding 🙂
- Are you a creative person?
- Sign up as a volunteer with your local NGO. Let the world know the amazing work they do with the power of the internet. Connectfor can help you find great options!
- Love pets?
- Spend some time at a local animal shelter. Show some love to Mr & Ms paws. They will whoof you for it!
- Love travelling?
- Next time you’re wanderlusting make sure to visit a village too. Know the locals. Understand their world. It could provide you with the kind of experience that money cannot buy.
- Love sports?
- Rediscover the child in you. Help kids in your area learn a sport you used to play as a kid. Spend some time playing games yourself. Don’t underestimate the power of play!
- Are you a movie buff?
- Watch a documentary once a month. The more you watch the more you amazed you be about this big, wondrous world of ours!
- Love water? Help save it
- Cut down 5 minutes of your shower time. It will reduce water waste. Every drop means more water for those who live on one bucket a day.
- Something for the bookworms
- Spread the joy of reading to those who can't afford it. You can gift some books to school going children for Rs400 only!
- Make informed decisions
- Good intentions do not always achieve good results. We at HelpYourNGO make a thriving effort to provide our donors detailed financial analysis of around 650+ NGOs. Call us if you have any questions about the NGOs you contribute to. You will not believe some of the stories we have heard. Our motto is always evaluate before you donate!